Volunteer with us
Do you have a couple of hours a week free, and do you want to promote healthy lifestyles by inspiring and encouraging others to take a more active role in their health? If so, we would like to hear from you!
As part of a new and exciting project, we are running an 8 week training course to become a Practice Health Champion. We will equip you with the confidence and knowledge to improve your health and the health of your communities.
- Activities of a Practice Health Champion include:
- Running information stalls in the waiting area
- Informing patients of local health and wellbeing activities
- Supporting patients to access online booking
- Helping to deliver new activities in the waiting room
- Supporting the delivery of healthy lifestyle activities e.g. walking and gardening groups
We will provide you with support and information to enable you to gain knowledge, skills and experience of working with a local health setting, supporting patients and linking with wider networks within health services and community organisations.
Before you start we will put you on a once a week course over 8 weeks, that includes a Level 2 in Understanding Health Improvement qualification from the Royal Society of Public Health. You will learn about local health issues, understand the key actions people can take to improve their health, how to have effective conversations with others about their health and much more!
To find out more about becoming a Practice Health Champion, come in and have a chat with Onika Winston or email email@example.com
Meet the Health Champions